By the end of year 2, pupils should know the number bonds to 20 and be precise in using and understanding place value. An emphasis on practice at this early stage will aid fluency.
‘Orbital Equations: Number Bonds’ introduces a brand-new way of learning and practicing number bonds (a statutory requirement at Key Stage 1) in a visually engaging and tactile way.
To solve a puzzle in ‘Orbital Equations’ you must create a balanced equation by aligning numbered planets either side of a central “star”. Once aligned, tap the star to see if the two equations you have created are equal to each other.
Each play session consists of 10 puzzles. Take your time or play against the clock.
Learning number bonds to 10? No problem. Simply set the “Bond Range” to 10 before starting a new game. The range can be set anywhere from 10 to 100 (in increments of 10). Perfect for KS1 and LKS2.
Every puzzle is randomly generated to keep you on your toes!
INCREASE THE CHALLENGE (with 4 difficulty levels)
[*] – Easy:
– Only 4 numbers in orbit.
– Each puzzle’s solution will always add up to the selected ‘Bond Range’ i.e. 10, 20, 30…
[**] – Medium:
– More numbers in orbit.
– Introduces subtraction.
– Each puzzle’s solution will be a whole number within the selected ‘Bond Range’.
[***] – Hard:
– Even more numbers in orbit.
[****] – Expert:
– Offers a descent level of challenge for adults and children.
– Each puzzle’s solution target is hidden.
– Unlock a cool “Space” theme.
– More goodies coming in future updates.
There are no reviews yet.